[DIYbio] Re: Bacteria Lava-Lamp

Im sorry, I do have the plasmid map. It seems that he was referring to the attached document he had sent in the email but I never saw it. I have attached the plasmid map to my post. 

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:19:26 PM UTC-4, Chowe wrote:

That is great to hear! I have also plated some glowing cells on amp plates (my first at home experiment) and I finally got them to glow. It was a great feeling when I first saw them. Now If I were to put these plates in the freezer to keep for a while, how long do you think I could save them for later use?

Also, I got an email back from the supplier of the gram-positive glowing plasmid and they said that there is information on the plasmid map on the site, he wasn't too clear about it. He also added that it is about $561 US for the plasmid, not very cheap.  

On Monday, July 30, 2012 11:18:48 AM UTC-4, Mega wrote:
Just wanted to tell,

I plated the glowing colis (from my bio fridge) on new plates, and they were much brighter than the original ones. Maybe because of less satellite colonies because of fresh amp ?
They were even so bright that you could see their glowing in a semi-dark room (10 o clock PM, streetlights illuminating the room weakly) without adapting your eyes to it.




Am Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012 01:15:33 UTC+2 schrieb Chowe:
Hello! Im very new to DIYbio and I am looking to do an exciting first project. I work in a genetics lab so I have experience with most techniques. I have had many ideas for projects, that I happily found out most people have had the same ones too (glowing plants, glowing yogurt) but I thought a lava lamp would be the simplest way. I am wondering how you guys would go about completing this. I saw that cambridge igem team made a lava-lamp, seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUFscEVK5Ks I would like to make something just like that. I would prefer if I didn't have to induce it or if I did it would be through oxygen like the cambridge lava-lamp. It would be cool to have in my room to light it up at night. As with the glowing plants and yogurt they seem to be a lot harder and it seems like not many people have been successful so I wanted to choose a project that I would be more likely to succed. Thanks!

Corey

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diybio/-/mUCT3sRy0xcJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment