[DIYbio] I'd like some advice please

Hey, my name is Jonny Scott. I love science and I even have a facebook page called Jonny Science although its not that popular yet. So basically, I'm wanting advice on how to get started. I consider myself an inventor tho I've never actually made anything except my 3d printer which had instructions but I have all these ideas. I love trying to think of ways to solve everyday problems like how to make ethanol cheaper as a fuel source or building a home sized nuclear power plant or a nuclear car. One thing I want to do is try to create a genetically engineered bacteria that expels O2. So where do I start? How can I start genetic engineering at home or how do I make a lab. I'm a dirt poor DIY with only $400 to my name but I want to take steps to change the world somehow. Maybe make myself a superhuman on the way somehow. I found this group through biohacking on youtube which seemed fascinating. Theirs a guy who can rip phone books and bend cast iron featured on stan lee's superhumans. Wouldn't genetic manipulations be able to give everyone such strength? There's just so much I want to know in this world, so much I want to do and I dont know how to begin. College isn't getting me anywhere. Its just not fast enough for teaching me what I want to know. I had to spend an entire semester learning Ohms law in a class as a prerequisite for pre-engineering. How lame is that? Anyway, any advice is welcome such as ways to build a chemistry kit on a shoestring budget or how to do genetic experiments. I just have a thirst for knowledge so tell me anything thats cool or useful please.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/fe86f9a5-1a79-464a-ad09-b544c250599b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment