[DIYbio] Re: Indie.bio - Any interest in a "curated call" list?

Hm, I can see the value in Nathan's suggestion of a system that mediates idea licensing, ownership, terms of collaboration, etc.. very clever. That'd be pretty cool, and obviously tying it in to sources of funding or acceleration would be great. :)

Definitely food for thought!

On 29 November 2014 21:32:46 GMT+00:00, Chowe <coreyhowe99@gmail.com> wrote:
As a graduating bachelors-bioengineer, I agree with Nathan that I, for one, am ready to be put to work and my main focus right now is finding the right project/idea to pursue. I would love to participate in the Indiebio program, because it seems like it would be a great experience for a recent graduate, however I do not have many of my own ideas that are business worthy and I also lack the networking to join existing teams. 

I would definitely utilize a list of "suggested ideas" and would eventually love to see a place dedicated to matching independent biotech projects/ideas with people, so you do not have to look very far or for very long to find your team or project. I realize this is possible through the DIYbio group and many other places, and has been successful many times, however a place specifically meant to match projects to people would make this process a lot more efficient, saving lots of time and effort, especially for a recent graduate. 

On Friday, November 28, 2014 10:37:07 AM UTC-5, Cathal Garvey wrote:
Hey all,
So, in discussing Indie.bio recently, an idea occurred to me, which is
that many of us have the technical skill or access to cofounders to
accomplish great stuff, but may be going through a dry period for ideas
or products.

So, while applications are still expected to describe their own project
and product from scratch and all ideas are welcome, we could publish a
list of "suggested ideas"; stuff that we think would be really cool, and
for which we'd be interested to see well-considered applications.

Would this be useful to anyone? Is anyone out there interested in taking
part, and thinks they could do a great job at indie.bio, but lacks an
actual project to work on?

Best,
Cathal
PS: Note new domain name, indie.bio ! Yay for new TLDs!

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment