[DIYbio] Re: saccharomyces cerevisiae potentialities

I work in wine production, we want yeast that will consume all of the hexose sugars (especially fructose) and will do so while producing more glycerol and less ethanol. If you can make  a fructophilic wine yeast with below-average ethanol production and acceptable sensory characters, you will make a lot of winemakers very happy :)

On Friday, December 26, 2014 9:29:46 AM UTC-8, Nick M. wrote:

All, 

Hope everyone had lovely and peaceful holidays. 

I've been lurking the group for ~16 months now. So far I've done a GFP plant, selective breeding on plants, selective breeding on brewer's yeast, and a few other random projects. I want to thank you all for the invaluable depth of knowledge that is available here.

I am a brewer by profession and have recently taken over a brewery with considerable corporate backing, corporate has told me 'Do what you want, don't break anything, and most importantly make great beer.' 

I take this to me I can build my own synbio lab, I am confident that is within my AOR. 

 I was hoping to receive some input from you all on interesting directions to go with S. cerevisiae. 

I have seen the iGEM projects on beer, caffeine, limonene(particularly interesting to me), and kumamolisin, and all of those are things I would like to work towards. 

Any ideas on what I can do in the interim whilst trial running my lab and knowledge base? Looking for projects that would be valuable to me in either an academic or practical regard that would build a good framework of experience to operate on in a professional standard. I also feel indebted to the community and must offer my position to the benefit to the diybio community once it becomes a position of value. 

Cheers,
Nick 

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/1a0f8241-1a42-4a75-a863-b48f7cdfc84a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment