[DIYbio] Re: 4-tube incubator and optical density meter arduino shield

Hi!
That is one very interesting link, exactly what I was looking about. Thank you so much.
Link itself is broken but .pdf is searchable. Tomorrow I am going to nag lab's bacteria guy with this project. 

Cheers

Evgeny


On Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 4:34:43 PM UTC-6, ByoWired wrote:


On Oct 7, 5:46 pm, Mackenzie Cowell <m...@diybio.org> wrote:
> I'd like to build a simple incubator+OD meter for up to 4 microcentrifuge
> tubes....

My first quick comment is that you might have a look at the following:

http://soslab.ee.washington.edu/mw/images/e/ef/EE449_SP10_Group6_MS5_Report.pdf

In that, they used LEDs and a Light-to-Frequency Converter called a
TSL230 which I think they interfaced with the Arduino.  They seem
confident in their results.
I'm in the process now of testing an OD system using a similar set-up,
but it's taking OD readings and some other optical properties through
a syringe, not microcentrifuge tubes.  Also, I'm not familiar with the
Arduino and have built my system around the Propeller microcontroller
- sorry.  I have an incubator built around the syringes using non-
inductive resistors, but I haven't yet tested the incubator portion
yet.  I have digital thermometers using DS18B20's.  Although I've
heard of people using PCB traces for heating, it seems to me it might
be easier to use resistors because they can be positioned around the
microtubes without dramas.

Anyway that's it for now.
hope that helps get you started,
Mark

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/e3bae866-b90a-4f5d-91ee-f722c644dd34%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment