Re: [DIYbio] CRISPR to make just males

I remember seeing ads for recombinant FBS years ago while working in a regular lab, I'm sure it exists already? The draw for overfunded labs is consistency and reproducibility, of course, but in principle it should be cheaper if done at scale, too.

On 12 January 2018 08:27:46 GMT+00:00, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 4:36:25 PM UTC-8, Gordana Ostojic wrote:
Again, question of top - down or bottom - up. This is an old chemistry/mat sci question.

Anyway, does anyone know about bioengineering of fetal bovine serum equivalent? 

Mark Post, who developed the first "Cultured Beef" burger, told me that they did develop a good animal-free growth medium for the bovine muscle cells they're growing. Don't know the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a patent out there somewhere...

Patrik


--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment